Waikawa Bay School
In order to avoid overcrowding, or the likelihood of overcrowding, the Board of Waikawa Bay School has adopted an enrolment scheme which has been approved by the Ministry of Education. Under this scheme, students will be enrolled if they live within the home zone described below.
The boundary between Waikawa Bay School and Picton School is set at the Waikawa side of Sussex Street, based on this being the midway point between the two schools. Specifically, 54 + 56 and greater Hampden Street, 134 + 135 and greater Waikawa Road and 78 + 79 and great Milton Terrace.
Each year the Board of Trustees will determine the number of places that are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The Board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applicants must be received.
Out of zone enrolments
Applications for out of zone students will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority will be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in an approved special programme. This priority category is not applicable at our school.
- Second priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students
- Third priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students
- Fourth priority will be given to any applicant who is a child of a former students of the school
- Fifth priority will be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school
If there are more applicants in the second – sixth priority groups than there are places available selection will be by ballot conducted in accordance with the instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11g(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
For students residing in zone, download our enrolment form:
For students residing out of zone, download our pre-enrolment form: